Greetings from your doctors at Naturopathic Physicians Group.
The office is open with our patient & staff safeguards in place! We are following rigorous cleaning protocols and safety procedures in the office for both our patients and our staff.
We are providing naturopathic care and IV therapy to our existing patients and accepting new patients for in-office visits. We have also added telemedicine to the practice and can see both new and existing patients by video or telephone. Please call our office to schedule an appointment with your doctor from the comfort of your home.
We are not treating anyone with acute symptoms of infection with Coronavirus in-office. If you think you may have contracted the virus, please call our office for guidance.
Coronavirus tests are now available after phone consults with our doctors for those patients who have symptoms of fever, lung congestion, and headaches. The lab test is a nasal swab being done at Sonora Quest Lab and Labcor only, not our office. There is also Lab testing available for COVID-19 at drive-through locations at several area hospitals.
You should know that nationally 38% of those hospitalized are 20-54 years old!
While older people remain at higher risk for death, those who are younger are still at risk.  With the availability of accurate lab testing it is likely that the number of positive screening tests in Arizona over the next 2 weeks will increase. This will allow for improved treatment outcomes and better control of the pandemic.
As of March 20, Maricopa County has 34 confirmed cases of Coronavirus and no deaths. Maricopa County has a population of 4.3 million people.
That being said, the best thing that you can do right now to protect your health and the health of your family is to take control of the things you have control over.
Avoid situations that may put you at risk, and be proactive about your health. Have a two-week supply of food and medications on hand, just in case you do need to be in a quarantine situation, you will be prepared. We are all in this together, and we will fare much better with a little help from our friends.
As Naturopathic doctors, we are very well versed in Non-Pharmaceutical Interventions, which is the only treatment available for the pandemic we are facing.
Likely you are aware of these directions to avoid getting sick over the next few weeks and months.
1) Avoid shaking hands with others for now. Use an air only fist bump, a slight bow, elbow bump, etc.
2) Use ONLY your knuckle to touch light switches & elevator buttons and your pinky or a tissue to open doors with latches.
3) Open doors with a tissue in your hand. Lift the gasoline dispenser with a paper towel.
4) Use disposable gloves when going shopping and opening commercial doors & post office. Use disinfectant wipes at the stores. Wipe the handle and child seat in grocery carts.
5) Wash your hands and fingernails with soap for 20 seconds. If you use alcohol-based hand sanitizer it should be a minimum of 60% alcohol and used generously. Washing with soap and water is always best if possible.
6) Keep a bottle of sanitizer available at each of your home’s entrances AND in your car for use after getting gas or touching other contaminated objects when you can’t immediately wash your hands.
7) Get really good at not touching your face, eyes, nose, and mouth.
8) If possible, cough or sneeze into a disposable paper towel (or tissue) and discard it. Cough into your elbow only if you have to. The clothing on your elbow will contain an infectious virus that continues to live for a number of hours and can still be passed on.
9) Get some fresh air and hike! Stay home as much as possible, especially if you are sick.
10) Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
There are many bugs and we cannot avoid coming into contact with all of them. However, we can make sure that our immune system is in tip-top shape, so the virus finds our body to be a very inhospitable host.
Below we have put together some simple health practices you can begin to do to increase your immunity, help to elevate your overall mood and foster a positive outlook.
Most are free, simple, and effective. (Click on the blue links to see the studies and for more information.)
- Get more sleep
- Eat clean with an anti-inflammatory diet, include as many vegetables and fresh, whole, non-processed foods as possible
- Limit or eliminate alcohol consumption
- Protect your lungs by not smoking or Vaping
- Reduce or eliminate sugar and other inflammatory foods
- Engage in regular, moderate exercise for at least 30 minutes per day
- Give thanks for your health and practice an attitude of gratitude on a daily basis
- Use Herbal teas, Ultima electrolyte fluids, and miso or bone soup broths
- Remember to take your probiotics – now on a daily basis
Many of you already take steps to support your liver and the immune and the gut. Please continue, as this is the first line of defense for any health issue.
One of the most comprehensive and effective formulas we recommend for our patients is a supplement called Acute Immune Formula. It contains a special blend of vitamins, herbs, and mushrooms, and has been our “go-to” for immune support. This, combined with a good probiotic, really covers a lot of bases. With a phone visit, we can customize a program specifically for you.
So if you are not feeling well, please don’t hesitate to call and schedule a phone visit with us. We are currently stocked with the appropriate immune, allergy and homeopathic flu medicines that we can either mail to you after your phone visit, or have them ready for a quick pick up.
Our bodies have the most powerful system of protection, our immune system. Our immune system fights every day to take care of us, let’s make sure we take some time to take care of it.
In conclusion, we are here for you. Our aim is to keep you strong and healthy during this somewhat confusing and uncertain time. Know that we are watching and monitoring the situation carefully, and are here to support you and provide the most current answers we can, to keep you informed, calm, and above all, healthy.
If you feel like you may be getting sick, call our office and speak with us. We can help you to determine your next steps. (480) 451-6161
To your good health,
Drs. Mike and Kyle Cronin and Dr. Steven Katz
For the most up-to-date information on the Coronavirus, click the links below:
Arizona State Department of Public Health Coronavirus
The latest Information on The Coronavirus