Dr. Steven Katz – the Naturopathic Physicians Group
Dr. Steven Katz focuses on strengthening the body’s ability to fight any illness, acute or chronic. He believes in balancing the body’s biochemistry to restore function.
During clinical rotations, Dr. Katz utilized naturopathic medicine in alcohol and drug rehabilitation centers. He saw how quickly neurological conditions such as insomnia, anxiety, depression, and fibromyalgia responded to natural treatments. His experience at the centers and his continuing education have helped him design nutrient formulas and delivery sequences for autoimmune diseases, diabetes, cancer, heart disease, and other chronic conditions.
An expert in naturopathic pain management, he treats chronic pain by determining the root cause and treating the whole body. He incorporates advanced therapies including but not limited to PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) therapy and prolotherapy.
Restoring effective digestion is at the core of wellness, prevention, and restoration, so he educates patients on nutrition and treats digestive disorders such as food allergies, acid reflux, IBS, Crohn’s disease, and colitis.
Dr. Katz is the former State of Arizona Naturopathic Medical Association President. Due to his dedication, he was recognized in 2017 as the Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine Alumni of the Year. In 2019, he was also awarded the Arizona Naturopathic Medical Association Volunteer of the year. Currently, Dr. Katz host’s a weekly live radio broadcast called “Your Health is Wealth” located on Money Radio 1510AM/105.3FM.
- Prolotherapy Technique – Trained by Dr. Jason Porter; East Valley Naturopathic Doctors
- Prolotherapy/Platelet Rich Plasma Technique – Trained by Dr. Michael Cronin
- Certified Ozone Therapy using MAH Technique – Trained by Dr. Frank Shallenberger
- Adipose-Derived Stem Cell Therapy – Trained by Advanced Regenerative Solutions
2013-Present: Practicing physician, Naturopathic Physicians Group, Scottsdale, Ariz.; an integrative family practice clinic focusing on whole-body health
2016-2020: Arizona Naturopathic Medical Association President
2016-2020: AANP House of Delegates Committee Member
- President, AZNMA; 2016-2020
- Treasurer, AZNMA; 2020-2021
- Marketing and Membership Chair, AZNMA; 2016-2019
- House of Delegates Committee Member, AANP; 2016-2020
- Voting Board Member, AZNMA; Jan 2016-Present
- Student Government President, SCNM, Tempe, AZ; Jan 2011 – Dec 2011
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians; 2015-Present
- Arizona Naturopathic Medical Association; 2015-Present
- Arizona Naturopathic Medical Association Volunteer of the Year; 2019
- Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine Advancing SCNM Alumni Award; 2017
- Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine Student Leadership Award; 2013
- Host of a weekly radio program called “Your Health is Wealth” on Money Radio 1510AM/105.3FM